Exterior House Painting Keeps Your Home in Kansas City Looking Its Best
The outside of your home is typically the first thing that people see. In that single glance, they make a lot of assumptions. Do you want that first impression to be of chipped paint or an outdated color? Do you want it to reflect the retired couple that once called the place home? Of course not! Fortunately, as a resident of Kansas City, you have access to an exterior home painter with almost 20 years of experience. When you work with RPM, you enjoy the service of a company that’s truly dedicated to providing exceptional results.
Want to add a new porch or power wash your garage? Need to swap out that cheap single-panel door for a stunning entryway? Our exterior painting business is truly a one-stop shop. No matter what you dream of—be it Brady Bunch or Addams Family—the experts at RPM are here to make those dreams a reality. For curb appeal you love, start by giving us a call at 816-729-3107.
Our Exterior Painting Services
When we say exterior house painting in Belton, a lot of people think it’s all one and the same. But there are actually a lot of different facets to enhancing your home’s curb appeal. Services under this umbrella include:
- Vinyl siding painting
- Soffit painting
- Multi-level home painting
- Stucco painting
- Wood shingle staining
- Powerwashing and preparation
- Exterior trim painting
- Exterior wood painting
- Brick painting
- Concrete Painting
No matter what you need repainted, you can rest easy knowing we only use Benjamin Moore paints. This ensures a long-lasting finish and superior vibrancy. You can learn more about our exterior paints and their advantages here.
Signs You Need an Exterior House Painter in Kansas City
Though experts recommend repainting your exterior at least once a decade, there isn’t a hard and fast recommendation for every home. The exact timing varies depending on climate, quality of the existing paint, and level of sun exposure. If your reasoning isn’t aesthetic—like you’re tired of the pea-green siding—keep an eye out for:
- Chalking: Have you noticed a white powder on your vinyl or stucco in Belton or? This is called chalking and results from paint that’s started to break down. It typically happens right before cracking. While usually caused by exposure to the elements, poor-quality paints can also be blamed.
- Peeling or Bubbling: Unfortunately, things like peeling and bubbles aren’t just aesthetic issues. They also leave your home exposed to the elements. This can lead to mold and rot. If it covers a wide area, it’s time for Kansas City exterior painting.
- Moisture Damage: Have you spotted stains or mildew on your siding? Then, you need to act quickly. This is a sign of excess moisture and improper air circulation. Before contacting us, investigate the problem’s source. After fixing it, call us to schedule exterior painting in Kansas City. The new layer of protection helps prevent further water damage.
- It’s Time to Sell: Would your home’s current color scare off a potential buyer? Then, you’ll want to call our Kansas City exterior home painters. The act of repainting your home’s exterior can raise the final price tag between two and five percent.
- Fading: Even if you use quality brands like Benjamin Moore, there comes a time when the color starts to fade. Note that darker paint tends to fade quicker than lighter or medium shades. Unfortunately, hiring an exterior painter in Kansas City is the only real way fix fading.
What Are the Benefits of Exterior House Painting?
As the day of your appointment inches closer, you might be second-guessing the price. Is it really worth thousands to put a new coat of paint on your home’s exterior? You might wonder what a few coats of paint can do for you. Below are five big benefits of painting your home’s exterior in Kansas City:
- General Aesthetic improvements: You want your exterior paint to reflect your personality. No matter what look you’re going for, RPM Painting is here to help you make it a reality. Even repainting your home’s trim can make a difference.
- Longer Lasting Siding: While vinyl siding comes with a protective layer, it wears off over time. This can make it deteriorate much faster. Adding another layer of paint provides a new suit of armor.
- Lowered Likelihood of Insect Infestation: When we paint, we also fill gaps, patch holes, and replace old caulk. This helps repel termites and other pests. The extra layer of paint also protects your home from probing legs and unwanted invaders.
- Protection Against Weathering: Water—and chemicals in it—eat away your exterior over time. If left untreated, it can lead to staining, algae buildup, and rot. A brand-new coat of paint restarts the clock. During RPM’s preparation process, we also check for signs of structural damage.
- Increased Resale Value: As mentioned above, repainting your home can make selling easier. It’s best to use a neutral color if this is your primary motivator. If you need help picking a color, let our exterior painters know.
Suddenly, our estimate doesn’t seem too bad, huh? A professional paint job helps your home be more durable and nets you thousands on the open market. With a typical ROI of 55%, exterior house painting is pretty tough to beat.
Choose RPM For Exterior House Painting in Kansas City
When you hire us for exterior painting in Kansas City, you know you’re getting the best. We are a fully licensed painter with nearly two decades of experience enhancing curb appeal. In addition to stucco and siding work, we’re also licensed carpenters and wood sealers. Our proprietary preparation process ensures every job will continue looking great for years. As a Benjamin Moore supplier, we only utilize the highest quality materials—no matter the size or price of the job. With allergy-friendly certifications, we take steps to protect the sensitive people in your home.
We know how valuable your time is and honor it. Our Kansas City exterior painters strive to show up on time. If something comes up, the office will call ahead and let you know. No matter how small your home or business is, we always do our best to make it stand out. You can check out our Google reviews for proof of our dedication to quality work. Explore our other services—such as bedroom painting and door installation—to learn how RPM can enhance your curb appeal. Our service area includes Raymore, Kansas City, and Belton.
Schedule Kansas City exterior painting with a single call to (816) 729-3107.
Frequently Asked Interior Painting Questions
Can You Help Paint My Commercial Building’s Exterior?
We certainly can! In addition to our residential work, we’re also equipped to help business owners in greater Kansas City put their best foot forward. Whether you have an industrial space, a restaurant, or a clothing boutique, we’re here to help. As a fully licensed commercial painter, our insurance mitigates any risk for you and your business. Contact us at (816) 729-3107 and experience the RPM difference.
What Should I Look For in a Kansas City Exterior Painter?
Even if you hire a professional painter in Kansas City, you must be selective. Not all companies are created equal. Some lack established processes and just paint on the side. Others have terrible time management and might shove your job down the line at the earliest opportunity. To avoid being disappointed, you need to keep an eye out for:
- Licenses and Insurance
- Good reviews on Yelp, Google, and the BBB
- An established preparation process
- Seasonal promotions and discounts
- A willingness to handle cleanup
- Years of experience
At RPM, we’re happy to check all of these boxes. Reach out to us at (816) 729-3107 to schedule a quote for exterior painting in Kansas City and experience the difference a professional makes.
What Should I Consider When Picking an Exterior Paint Color?
While we’re happy to make color recommendations, some homeowners like to pick unassisted. And, at RPM, we understand the impulse! Below are a few items to keep in mind:
- Try to fit your neighborhood’s color scheme
- Darker colors help keep your home warm in winter but wear out sooner
- Lighter shades make summer easier to tolerate and are more fade-resistant
- Matte finishes are best for the main exterior and high sheen for trim
- Use accents to highlight your home’s architecture
What Happens if Mother Nature Doesn’t Play Along?
While interior painting can be completed any time of year, the same can’t be said for exterior jobs. Wintertime is especially risky for home painting. But, even during spring and summer, the weather can get in the way. If we are interrupted by rain or wind, we will have to pause the job. Otherwise, we risk contamination and unsafe working conditions. When this happens, we will do our best to schedule another appointment in a timely manner.
What Will Exterior House Painting in Kansas City Cost?
We cannot give you an exact quote online. There are a number of things that impact the cost of painting in Kansas City. These include the quality of the surface being painted, how many coats your color needs, structural issues, and the size of the home. Slopes and house design can also play a part. Typically, however, you can expect to pay between two and four dollars per square foot. For an accurate cost, call us to schedule an exterior painting quote in Kansas City.
How Often Should I Paint My Home’s Exterior in Belton or Kansas City?
When it comes to painting your exterior in Kansas City, there’s no hard and fast rule on timeline. How often it’s needed depends on your house’s exposure to the elements, the age of your home, and the quality of previous paints. Typically, however, you should expect to repaint every five to ten years.